Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Site Visit

So we visited the site today and boy-oh-boy do we need some protection from that wind!

We rediscovered that our primary views lie to the east and south. Not to the far to the north we are blocked by trees off of our property and the west is blocked by the crest of the hill (at least at ground level).

We also found out that we're having a tough time on agreeing how to site the house. I'm bent on maximizing the southern exposure and Tasha's bent on maximizing the eastern exposure while minimizing the view to the south (future neighbors). I'm really hoping this first--and huge--step will be the hardest.

It turns out we've been approaching the house from two different angles and not really considering anything else. Tasha's been working from the inside out and I've been working from the outside in. I'm going to put my outside ideas on hold and focus on how I want the inside to work. I've come up with a little flowchart of how all the spaces should fit together.




I also tried to come up with a rudimentary floor plan accomodating my flow chart




Tough stuff. I'm letting Jon and Kandy figure this stuff out!

1 Comments:

Blogger MKEJill said...

I'm fascinated by how IT guys can solve any problem with a flow chart ; )

February 5, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home